Sunday, June 02, 2013

Sunday Sketches

Hello and WELCOME, old and new peeps!  :)  This past week has just flown by, but in a good way.  I've been at school working in the Mathematics Department during the morning hours and working away on custom illustrations in the afternoon.  I LOVE it!  (Did I say just how MUCH I love it?  Uh huh.  Oh yeah.  Hee)  Although I do miss my academic studies (call me crazy!), I'm thoroughly enjoying my break. :)

Above is my new owl I developed earlier this afternoon.  Isn't he adorable?  All he needs is a name!  I've a feeling there's going to be more of these little fellows in the future.

OK.  Off to see what everyone else has been up to this past week.  Thank you for your patience as I get back into the swing of blogging, etc.  It's taken me more than just Sunday to catch up with everyone.  Hugs! xx

Grab the Sunday Sketches button here.

This week's participants:
Please sign-up below to submit your sketch for this week, which will also allow others to stop and visit.

SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Adorable little hoot owl! Love is hat...I'm going with Owliver for my name suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and adorable sketch! <3 So great that you are having a wonderful time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's gorgeous!! His hat reminds me of a Scottish Tam O Shanter so I think he should be called Hamish (Also there is a stereotypical phrase that people think Scottish folk say 'Hoots Man' which doesn't actually mean anything but seems appropriate for an owl! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely owl! His beret gives him a French look so maybe Olivier the own?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little characters, and am glad you love what you do. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't done Sunday Sketches in a while. It's nice to have something to share again.

    Your little owl is so cute. He looks like he may be an artist (or french) with his little beret. Maybe name him after one of the great renaissance artist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your owl - he looks so cute and kinda mischievous too.

    I'm linking up some step by step art today :)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute owl! it's always a pleasure to see your work.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a very cute owl! Hoot!
    Glad you are enjoying your "break" so much and I look forward to what creativity comes from it.
    Thanks for doing Sunday Sketchers too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE his little beanie - adds pizzazz to him!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alex!!!! your cute owl made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks, Chelsea. I also visited your web page but no way to leave a comment unless giving access to my facebook account or signing up for another account with discus. Sorry. :/ :)

      Delete
  13. Your owl sketch is lovely. I especially adore his turban.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your owl, he's so very sweet! The name Pelé popped into my head when I saw him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww, what an adorable little owl! Owly perhaps? So cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the owl should be named Alastair. Nice Scottish name and with that cap...it's perfect! lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your little owl! He is soooooooooooooo cute ;o) I would name him Pedro ;o) My mom loves math too! Back in the days when you used your mind, not a calculator! LOL! It amazes me what she can figure out in her head! Take Care ;o)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig