Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Creative Tuesdays - ALPHABET


 

Uh huh.  Yep.  It's time for another Creative Tuesdays.  Are you ready?  I certainly am!  ALPHABET was the theme for this round.  It was definitely challenging but once I determined my approach, it all fell into place - and I couldn't be happier! 

To start with, I sketched out every single latte and frappuccino cup by hand, followed by a design on each.  Once this was completed, I added my first layer of watercolors to each cup, left it for 24 hours to dry, returning this evening to add the second layer of color to provide the 3D affect.  Finally, I wrote out a list of drinks from a to z, then transferred to my illustration.  Introducing my latte and tea alphabet!  Hee

The first picture is an actual photo of the art so you can see the lovely watercolor affect.  The second is a scan, simply so one can read each of the names of the lattes and frapps.  Nummy!

No matter what tea, latte or coffee you drink, you're bound to find your favorite in the selection above.  So, what are you waiting for? Grab your cuppa, pull up a chair and stay for awhile.  :)

SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Oh gosh I just love this!! great for a pattern:) My kind of alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Clever idea, beautiful, delicious realization!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Alexandra! Great take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow oh wow, what a great approach to this prompt. And I know they MUST be from Starbucks......and now I need a latte. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is such a great piece Alex!!!! love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now to pick a drink!!!! hmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Alex, I wondered what you were up to when you asked for everyone's choice of drink. Fantastic piece of art, which would look so good as a poster or framed picture. Your art is just taking off in leaps and bounds. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm! Now I'm hungry and thirsty. A novel approach to the alphabet. Thanks for the explanation of how you did it. I always like to learn from other artists.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute idea. it turned out very well and I like the names of the drinks. you can even try this idea with teacups, that would be interesting to see.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely fantastic idea! It must have taken you ages, if only to think up the list! It would make a great poster.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am head over heels in love with your latte and tea alphabet :D What a brilliant idea - it looks amazing! Earl Grey for me please to start off with, but I would love to try them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic and so much fun! A lot of work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun and colorful illustrations ~ Happy Day to you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! I love them!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally love it! Collections of tiny things with great details. And who couldn't use a couple extra cups of joe? Terrific style and color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is wonderful Sophia! that is a lot of work too, me thinks.
    plus lots of practice with designs and colors. it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Visiting from Creative Tuesdays - Gosh Sophia, what a lot of work and thought you put into this. Great stuff! :0))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant, Alexandra! love them and each one, actually. All those patterns. As I've already said--great job. Those drink names are so fun, aren't they? Hee. Fun! LOVE it. Thanks again for not only playing along but all the referrals too. I owe you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love love this!

    I love that you sketch them out first, do you pen first as well? I always watercolor first then pen, I love learning how other people work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you! :) It depends. Most of the time I paint then I had the pen. Occasionally, I'll paint more after I've added the ink. :) So glad to see you joining CT. :D

      Delete
  19. Such a good idea and great execution!!!! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Alexandra! This alphabet is THE BEST! It's so cute, and so yummy, and so CAFFEINATED!! I am a huge caffeine person, and this makes me want to drink it all and be energized and run around and draw :-D Lovely job! The Nutella Swirl would be my pick, esp. if it has espresso.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig