Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Creative Tuesdays - CANDY



I've been fairly busy this past week in the studio, focused on a few custom orders for my clients.  Between working at the school during the morning hours and spending my afternoons creating, I've been just as busy as if I was taking classes

Anyway, I've taken a small break from the custom orders to put my "candy" idea to paper for this round of Creative Tuesdays.  I really liked this challenge and actually incorporated my Facebook friend's favorite candy into this particular piece.  It was fun for all of us! What candy do YOU spot in the illustration above? Tee hee  :)

I've already added some other shading and edits since this photo, so I'll be sure to post an updated and final photo when it's ready.  Happy CT!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For more wonderful, creative ideas, make sure to visit Creative Tuesdays.
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. This is such a cute entry Alexandra, we should call it 'candy store'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who wouldn't want to visit your candy store. I think I'll take one of each, and then the free one too. (Giggle)

    Nice work for such a busy gal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your sweet painting! Perfectly delicious and full of wonderful CANDY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely detailed illustration! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just wonderful. So much detail and so much candy....drooling here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. though I'm not much of a candy lover, I do like strawberry flavor candies which you have there and the jellybeans

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! It's so charming. I miss Creative Tuesdays...need to find another hour in each day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I remember being in an old fashioned candy store in Columbia, CA. It's a fully functioning preserved town from the gold rush days! Loved the candy store and LOVE your drawing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very cute! I like how you included the different brands of candy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! You inspire me:) what pens do you use? I use those watercolors :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bellissima illustrazione!
    Bellalullo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw such a cute sketch! We used to have one of those big round glass domes full of Smarties - it accepted 2p which was quite cheap really!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting from Creative Tuesdays - YuM! I'd like a snickers please :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will have some candy ;o) I love this painting ;o) Buy 1 get 1 free ;o) That's a good sale! LOL! I'm not picky, I will eat anything ;o) LOL! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the macaroons and the sugar lollipop sticks. Fun! this totally makes me think of those kind of candy shops one can go to in Old West towns and such. How fun. I feel like I am back in the Little House on the Prairie with the Olsteads! Love it! thank you for cheering Ct along and playing along too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like your sweet shop and the past pastry shop drawings I want more of this towns stores to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this Alex! It is so beautifully drawn and painted.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet, literally! I love Snickers, because I love chocolate, carmel and nuts. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Alexandra,

    FUN and whimsical art piece. :-)

    Nice of you stop by and great to hear from you!

    Thanks on the new art and hope this note finds you well!

    SpOOky Best,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig