Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sunday Sketches: Exploring Art


Remember this lovely floral heart wreath I painted a few weeks ago? It was finally completed and now off to it's new owner this weekend. It's been wonderful exploring in areas of my artwork that I normally don't do and I'm feeling like a few more of this style will be making special appearances here and there.

We spent most of the day at my friend's wedding, doing her photography and capturing her special day. Tonight, we are cosied up on the sofa with a bowl of homemade vegetable soup and hot water bottles. Wishing everyone a lovely, peaceful weekend.

If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your website/blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op encouraging and lifting others up in their creative endeavors as well. Thank you!

SHARE:

16 comments

  1. This is so pretty and creative Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's simply beautiful! There's nothing like a homemade meal with your loved one. Peace to you and your husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the heart, lucky new owner ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful floral design. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled.
    Enjoy your weekend... it sounds perfect ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely heart, I am sure the new owner will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you've fit all the desired elements to shape a heart. Success! Wishing you a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is another beautiful pen/ink/wc ~ Your art style is so happy and flows with joy ~

    Happy Week to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out beautiful, Alexandra! I know I would be proud to display it. Hope to see more of these colorful hearts in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful heart! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently signed up with your watercolor class, and I am excited about exploring all the new things I will learn from it. I really enjoy your lovely style of watercolor with the additional pen and ink embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely wreath! It's a beautiful and colorful expression of love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That illustration is so pretty! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the heartfelt flowers - so colorful.

    Glad the wedding was fun - with you and Michael as the photographers, I bet there were some great shots captured. Perhaps you'll share yet another of your artistic skills with us later - would love to see what you caught in your lens.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow i love your art, this is beautiful. I didn't get my link in on time for Sunday so will join in next sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You two are so romantic!! I love it! Gorgeous painting!! Love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig