Saturday, December 17, 2016

Sunday Sketches Day 17 (Angel Snow-globe)


We're quickly winding down to just a week until Christmas! This week I wanted to share with you an illustration of a snow-globe that's been in my family for quite some time now. Admittedly, I almost tossed it out as I didn't really like how it looked when I finished painting it. After a few hours of "editing" it in Photoshop, then adding the snow within the globe, I'm now SO in love with this finished illustration.

Happy Sunday! I'm looking forward to cozying up on the sofa with a cup of tea in hand, to see what everyone has been up to this past week. Are you ready for Christmas?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. glad you didn't throw it out. sometimes it just takes time to get the inspiration needed to put on the finishing touches. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you didn't toss it, it is adorable! Yes, I am ready for Christmas but then again, I'm not hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did the right thing to edit it. And to ad the snow. It is now, IMO, a masterpiece :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never would have guessed this wasn't perfect from the start. Sometimes walking away for a while is the best thing I can do for a painting, come back, and it's not nearly as horrible as I thought at first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, this snow globe is a keeper for sure! your little touches in Photoshop are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet Globe angel ~ Ready Christmas or just about ~ enjoy your tea ~ thanks,

    Wishing you peace in your days ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. An angel with a happy spirit ... I have to agree with you, it is a lovable snow globe. It is freezing here and the snow is deep, so staying inside is the smart thing to do ... and a cup of tea? Who could pass that up? :) Have a good week Alexandra (Does anybody call you Alex?).

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special beautiful globe. I'm so happy that you decided to keep it. I sometimes have to walk away only to revisit at a later stage. I think the snow add's that perfect finishing touch!
    Have a wonderful time over Christmas and I wish you the best New Year ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely, the snow is so pretty. I'm glad you found a way to make it into something you love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a magical painting , the snow in the globe is exactly how I remember it in an actual globe.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious!!! I love your snow globe! I'm ready for Christmas! I can't wait till Santa arrives! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet Christmas globe!

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Alexandra ~ :)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig