Saturday, December 03, 2016

(Sunday Sketches) Countdown to Christmas: Day 3


Here's day 3 of my Countdown to Christmas illo_advent. This adorable winter (cat) scene came to life when reflecting upon our family Christmas tree hunting adventures awhile back. It was such a magical day - especially when huge snowflakes began to tumble down the moment we stepped out into the field to select our tree.

Well, I'm already 1 day behind. Day 4 will appear tomorrow, with day 5. We've been busy shopping for the holidays and celebrating our anniversary. Stay tuned for more advent illos!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!
 
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. So charming! While our cat does not venture out for such adventures, I like to imagine he might dress this way to do so. As it is, he truly makes the annual tree, and all the low hanging ornaments, into fast friends once we get it home and decorated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute, thanks for today's chuckle! It started to snow this morning for a few minutes that was it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A delightful drawing, the first snows of the year were always magical for my family when they were young.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops hope you can remove me from the linky thing. I accidently pushed it as I went to comment! Precious piece for day three!! Love it so much!! All of these will make an awesome set of greeting cards in the end!! Or a Christmas book!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. your scene is childhood memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Advent drawings! And your memory is wonderful too. Some of the best memories and stories are about picking out a Christmas tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No snow here yet. And not Christmas tree either, we'll be traveling. Sweet illustration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It has been years since we have cut our own tree ... in fact we went artificial a while back and now we have scaled down the size of the tree. As my children and grandchildren are all grown, a small tree is enough for my FH and me. But I will enjoy the experience of a real Christmas through you ... thank you for this.

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your winter cat drawing today!! i would have liked to participate in your countdown but just have too many irons in the fire as they say! looking forward to seeing yours everyday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet illustration....nice memory too. Growing up, we always had artificial trees which I loved. Using real trees for Christmas isn't a big thing here in Australia and this is the first year that I will only be putting up a table-top tree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's such a pleasure to see your cute winter illustrations! I love them! I also would have liked to participate in the christmas countdown but due to my day job I can't do it - what a pity - but I love it to see your christmas countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable!!! I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a charming illustration! I loved hearing about your tree hunting adventures too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another adorable and well done illustrations ~ love your style!

    Wishing you a delightful week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. only went tree "hunting" once and never again after that lol too cold :p

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice drawing!

    plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving your cute holiday sketches. Love all your work. Sure wish it snowed here where I live! Looking forward to more sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig