Sunday, December 18, 2016

Countdown to Christmas Day 18 (A Woodland Christmas)

While creating my daily "Countdown to Christmas" illustrations, I'm finding that this style is definitely my favorite. I've always been a fan of Beatrix Potter - a woman and children's illustrator who's been my main influence for the past several years now. Her work is filled with the most wonderful characters and captures the heart of children in every possible way. That is my heart's desire. Therefore, I'm feeling this internal creative itch to focus on this style of mine more often. It's certainly magical and captures the true meaning of this time of year.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Her work still dazzles me and lights my imagination! So yes, please do indulge in this style. :) I love this woodland scene. You are adding a true touch of magic to my Christmas season thru all of these inspired illustrations. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is my favorite in the "Countdown to Christmas" illustrations. The darkened sky behind the tree creates a peaceful atmosphere. And the little critters all look like they are filled with wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas illustrations are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that the animals are not quite there yet...carefully approaching and standing in wonder of the beautiful tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful painting. It is a truly magical scene.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. def keep working in this style, really suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Beatrix Potter too! And, I love this piece you just created!! Purely magical! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful I love your style, very soft and dreamy

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig