Wednesday, June 06, 2018

Scribble Picnic: Classic Dragon

It's been quite some time since being a part of Scribble Picnic so I'm quite chuffed to be hopping back on board this week with the current theme, classic. What do I have to offer this week? Well, the classic Pete's Dragon, of course! I have loved this movie for as long as I can remember and still play, "Candle of the Water" on my piano from time to time.


I've decided to include the sketched version of where I started before choosing to color him in. He's more like a child/baby version of Pete's Dragon and still oh so very cute! Once he wakes up from his nap, he'll be sure to grab his favorite snacks - minced meat pies and a bag of apples!

For more wonderful contributions to Scribble Picnic, hop on over to Michael's cozy blog.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Oh I love Pete's Dragon!!! :) That is such a nice illustration Alexandra! :) Though, I have to say I tried and tried and tried to love minced meat pie...ain't happenin' lol...but I will have some apples if he's willing to share ;) So glad to see your post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Isn't it such a great movie? :D Thank you very much. Yeah, I think minced pie is an acquired taste. Have you tried it with a large dollop of whipped cream on top? :)~ hee

      See you at the picnic!

      Delete
    2. Yes! And I only ate the whipped cream lol! :)

      Delete
    3. Oh, that is jsut tooo precious, Rain. Hahhaha. So funny.

      Delete
  2. This is beyond cute Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so cute. I adore this. love your use of colors here.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's adorable. I love the plant life all around him, and of course the 'flutterby".

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a classic.....he's adorable and melting my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely dragon …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melting my heart too here. I love this illo. Soooo sweet. It's so well done. he really is adorable. Thank you so much. Another wonderful addition to our Classics collection this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your classic little dragon. He looks so cozy napping amid the weeds and wildflowers.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig