Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sunday Sketches: Tea Cup Paint Chart

Above is a quick illustration of a paint palette I put together for my growing collection of Tombow dual brushes. I wanted to do something a bit different than a typical paint chart and came up with the idea of incorporating on of my favorite daily rituals...teatime! Nothing could be more fitting for me and perfect for referring to when creating my daily children's illustrations.

Michael and I have had quite the busy weekend already. We spent Friday afternoon and all day Saturday prepping and preparing for our very first summer English tea party. It turned out quite lovely and we had a grand time with some of our closest friends. Even the puppy enjoyed being the center of attention at times.

With that said, I've had little time the past few days to complete one of my usual illustrations for Sunday Sketches. I've been focused on meeting work deadlines as well as, sorting and packing for our upcoming move. Yes, we're moving to England next month for awhile in order to help his sister care for his mother whose health is deteriorating quickly. You can follow along our journey over at our joint blog, Paper Chains & Bunting. We'll be sharing updates on our life there, his mother and other adventures of our life. So, be sure to click on the "follow" tab so you can pop in and say hello from time to time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your website/blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is encouraging and lifting others up in their creative endeavors as well. Thank you.

SHARE:

27 comments

  1. what a lovely assortment of colours, great idea for the teacup design!
    I don't envy you all that packing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine. I thought it was fun and different. :) Yeah...lots to do for moving!

      Delete
  2. Love your Tombow palette...quite decorative! All the best for your time in the UK. I will definitely follow along on your joint blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Serena! A bit unique and different, no? Thank you for your lovely wishes and warm thoughts for our move.

      Delete
  3. Love your palette, Alexandra!
    Looks like everyone is moving lately, except me. Ehehehe!! :)
    Good luck for your new adventure on this side of the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, be glad you're not moving! ha ha Thank you!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea to use tea cups as colouring chart. Go well with your move to England, moving is stressful and I will keep on following you. greetings from New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! Thank you very much for your lovely comment. :)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I wish you and Michael all of the luck in the world as you move to take care of Michael's mother. I admire both of you for doing this and wish you only the best as you move forward together in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Ginny. I really appreciate your loving, warm thoughts regarding Michael's mother. Your support means a lot to us.

      Delete
  6. Hi Alexandra, what a gorgeous teacup color-palette collection..beautifully done! I especially love all the shades of blues! Lovely!
    Wishing you all the best with the move and caring for his mom.
    Have a beautiful day
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Victoria. It was fun and I like to be able to visually see the colors since the brushes are all black. They create shading perfectly, too. I appreciate your sweet comments for the move. xx

      Delete
  7. This tea cup color palette is incredibly sweet! I really love it and as already said before, good luck for the packing and the planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thanks, Stefanie!! Thank you very much on our move. xx

      Delete
  8. Leave it up to you to come up with a precious color palette like this. All the ones I ddi for your class are just the unexciting usual ones. Yours is the cutest ever. I am smiling from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genie, you're too sweet. Thank you. I had a lot of fun putting this together. Hope you're having a lovely week. xx

      Delete
  9. What a lovely palette and it's such a sweet idea to use tea cups. I hope your move goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks, Lisa. I'd like to think it's unique and clever but who knows! Someone else might have already done it. lol Anyway, thank you in regards to our move. xx

      Delete
  10. great idea for a colour chart :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never made paint charts, because I find them boring. However, yours looks like so much fun, with all those cute little teacups. Good luck with the move, and blessings to you, your husband and his family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I think in some ways, I've found them boring, too. Plus, I've not ever really felt like I needed one. However, with the brushes, it's just too difficult to NOT have one. Glad you ended up liking my teacups! :) Thank you in regards to our move. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  12. what a creative chart!!

    wishing you safe travels...and sending good thoughts your way. sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I love my teapot color palette. :) Thank you for your warm thoughts in regards to our move/travels.

      Delete
  13. Super cute and clever!! Wishing you a safe and smooth travel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much on all accounts, Abigail. :)

      Delete
  14. You are so clever! Wishing you all the best with your move! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig