Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday Sketches and CELEBRATION!




I've so many exciting things to share today.  Uh huh.  First thing, I received my final grades for all four of my Fall semester classes - all A's!  Can you say, OH MY GOD?!  :D  I couldn't stop crying as I was completely ecstatic but my heart also ached as I wanted to share such an achievement with my father.  (Most of you know he passed away last year from a terrible battle of cancer.)  I sure hope he can see me from heaven!  :)

Above are some pretties I've been working on, now that I'm on a 6-week winter break.  I had an art show yesterday and it turned out wonderful.  During the show, I collaborated with my wonderful friend Carmen, and we collected hats, gloves, scarves and backpacks for the local homeless.

OK.  Now off to see what everyone has been up to!  I can't wait to get back to a regular routine of art and peeps!  :)

Grab the Sunday Sketches button here.

This week's participants:
Please sign-up below to submit your sketch for this week, which will also allow others to stop and visit.

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. I'm sure your dad is looking down from heaven with the biggest smile saying "That's my girl!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to know about your grades! :-) Great! I think your Dad will know about it and be happy. I love these cute creations! Good wishes for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I love these. Are they pendants? Congratulations on your grades! Oy! 6 weeks off and all that time to play with art materials? So awesome. And your service project sounds wonderful too.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. your art looks so wonderful all framed! Congrats on a successful semester!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your new pretties! That is so kind of you, to collect items for the homeless! You have a good soul my friend ;o) Congrats on your grades!! Your father is proud and smiling ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your wonderful results, and also love your art here... I was also wondering if they were pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Congrats on all A's ~ You deserve them! ~ Love your new 'pretties' ~and so wonderful of you to help the homeless ~ Wishing you a wonderful Sunday ~

    (A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are fantastic and lovely as you've framed them.

    I know how hard it is to not have someone we love to share our milestones with, but they left us with the ability to make these milestones happen. And in that sense, they are with us.

    congratulations on those grades!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your pendants, I am sure your dad is looking down on you and smiling with pride. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. cogratulations on your grades!!!! what a deserved 6 week vacation you have! love the new pieces, so fresh and full of life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab week! Love your little pendants!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your awesome grades, and also doing good charity work, superwell done! :) Beautiful art, love that little bird with hope sign! <3 Enjoy your break!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, congrats on your grades and your art show. Both thrilling accomplishments! And the new pretties are pretty indeed. My favorite is the girl looking at the star. Are these what were displayed at the show? Hope you took lots of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great to be back here, I haven't been for a while, many congrats for your excellent grades! I love your beautiful art work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your grades... I et your excited about having a nice long break now! Love your pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on an awesome semester! Love your new pendants!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Well done. I just went to add my post too late, but delighted to see how well you have done :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo straight A's you go girl!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig