Sunday, September 25, 2016

Sunday Sketches (From England)

It's been in the low 60's this past week here in Scarborough. With the brisk wind and falling leaves, it seems Autumn is pushing its way in earlier than expected. Nothing seemed more fitting than to do a quick doodle of a fuzzy bear in his woolly sweater with a perfect hot cuppa in hand. Pictured above is the before/after, as it's always fun to see where our ideas start and finish when sketching out stories from our creative imagination.

With that said, I fear this will be a shorter post than my recent ones as I'm working on a tight deadline for the current children's book I'm illustrating. Stay tuned for a brand new peek. You really don't want to miss it. (wink)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!

 
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. What sweet pictures you create, Alexandra! Thank you for stopping by at "my place" the other day....it's lovely to meet you. I read a little of your life here on your blog and find that you are on a mission of mercy there in England. What a blessing you are to your Mum-in-Love. I am sure she appreciates all you are doing for her. My husband's parents emigrated from England in the late 1960's, so there is a pull to all things British in our lives. There is such beauty in the way of life and living there from times gone by. Tea shops and quaint villages are a favourite of mine. All the best with your deadline! Blessings to you! Camille (in Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable work, I LOVE the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel. Your sketch is perfect! While it is not quite that cool here - yet - it is definitely getting a lot colder. I am sorry I have not been linking up, but I am only getting back into the swing of things and have recently been mainly doing photo art - not really suited for Sunday Sketches ;) Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable little bear :)
    can't wait to see more of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely illustration, it is so cute and cuddly and adorable! Congrats on your newest book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another adorable illustration and prime for the cold weather we are having in New England ~ hope you are both doing well ~

    Have a great week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. starting to get colder here too, almost time to put the heating on soon :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alexandra can I ask you a question? Were do you buy your beautiful watercolour pads I see on your photographs. In New Zealand we have our standard watercolour tubes or blocks, but not like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! I love the leaves and scarf ♥

    summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this cute fuzzy bear standing there bravely in the autumn winds and having a cup of tea. All the best to you for meeting your deadline and it was lovely to read that you will maybe have the oppportunity to visit Germany soon. Viele Grüße Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I just love your precious illustrations! And 60 degree temps are my kind of thing! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed seeing the progression of your idea from sketch to painting! Good luck with the final touches on your book.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig