Thursday, January 28, 2016

Places To Be & Places To Go


Just the other day, hubby helped me rearrange the spare room and loft area. We worked on transitioning my studio from the loft to the spare room in order to have more light and room to work. I'm absolutely in love with the new space! From the desk centered in front of the big window for a better "daily view" to the bunting and paper-chains hanging above, it's so me and... well, perfect!

Today, I spent the entire day working in the studio on various tasks, thoroughly enjoying it. In fact, this little guy came to life. Atwood is his (British) name, whose meaning is "Forest Dweller." I thought it quite fitting for this little chap who plans to deliver his love note to many across the way for Valentine's this year.

With evening falling, I'm reminded of the miscellaneous jobs still at hand for tomorrow's reading and literacy event in which I'm a featured guest speaker! I have to say, it's a blessing having an "English major" in the house who can review and edit my presentation. This only means one thing, however,... more tea and toast for the mister! (wink)
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. Oh, you think it;s that easy do you? Um, more tea please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that bright work space and the London mug!
    Atwood is so very cute - I love owls - hope his deliveries arrive timely for the big V Day celebration.
    Good luck with your presentation tomorrow - I'm certain they will love you! Have you picked up a British accent hanging out with Mr. Toast? Or like me, after all these years, has he lost his? I practice when I visit home but regaining a Devonshire dialect is really hard! Perhaps Michael's London accent has remained strong!

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect and oh so cosy now. Love my mug as well. One of my friends in Derbyshire sent it to me a few years ago for my birthday. Our older son absolutely loves the mug. I might have to pass it along to him. :)

      No, I've not picked up his accent...only when we travel home to London do I start picking things up. Mr. Toast still has his accent. He feels it's very Americanized but all I hear is his thick accent. :D

      Delete
  3. Sweet new character and your studio looks amazing. Good luck wow them Mrs Guest Speaker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Christine! And the presentation went well. :)

      Delete
  4. Atwood, looks a real cute character, hope he delivers his valentine's post safely.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. your studio looks full of light and space :) would be very handy having a hubby with an english degree, but having one with a computer degree comes in handy too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is filled with light everyday, whether sunshine or grey skies - so, it's perfect. haha hubby actually has an art degree but has had a lot of proper schooling, so he's very good at editing and such. :D

      Delete
  6. There's something about rearranging one's creative work space. Love your Valentine's Day card. So adorable, Alexandra. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is. It's almost as if it's a new lease on life! lol

      Delete
  7. I think your creative space looks great... full of light and so organised.
    Atwood will definitely have his female feathered valentines swooning.
    I can imagine they'll be lots of wonderful characters appearing and masses of creativity coming from your new space.
    I hope your speech went well.
    Have a great weekend ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Neesie. I try to keep things organised but it doesn't always happen. lol My presentation also went well. Thanks!

      Delete
  8. that place looks so comforting, it looks like a great place to create.

    hope you have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you, Lissa. I love it and it's definitely cosy and inspiring now. :)

      Delete
  9. Your work space looks wonderful! I love it! Your little owl is adorable! Enjoy your toast! Wink!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig