Friday, January 15, 2016

Illustrated New Year Love


This evening, despite still feeling somewhat sickly, I ventured up to my studio to take a peek of the work currently on my desk. Initially, it felt a tad overwhelming to see my current projects slowly piling up. Thankfully, I have wonderful customers who have been more than understanding and supportive of me being ill this week. Otherwise, this girl would be a bit more stressed out at the moment!

One of the projects I've thoroughly enjoyed doing these past few months is a hand-painted calendar for a sweet customer who lives in Canada. Sadly, January will almost be over when her darling 12-month calendar arrives but she's still delighted at each month's illustration designed just for her.

I'm off to rest a bit more this evening in hopes I'll be up and about in full force tomorrow. The mister will be home in a bit so am looking forward to his arrival and having tea. Thank you so much for all of your lovely get well wishes. I appreciate each of you.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Oh, that is going to be a lovely calendar! It's interesting how our bodies make us take a break to recharge and practice self-care. How wonderful that your customers are so understanding as you take this time to let your body rest. I hope you're healthy and back to creating very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jamie. On all fronts! Lovely to have you pop in! :)

      Delete
  2. Alexandra, I very much hope you are feeling better soon. What a lovely calendar indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This peak looks like it will be a stunning calendar.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one lucky Canadian. From what I can see of the calendar it looks awesome, Alexandra. Signed, a Canadian gal (Tracy).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better soon!
    it is no fun being sick.
    your calendar looks lovely and inspiring for sweet months through out the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tammie. I'm finally feeling better today. :)

      Delete
  6. I hope you are feeling better! The calendar looks amazing! Love it! That Canadian girl is going to treasure it!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig