Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Scribble Picnic (Thimble Hill Cottage)

It took me ages to come up with an idea for this week's Scribble Picnic theme - buttoned up - but I did it and Ella and her Thimble Hill Cottage turned out wonderfully! Come on in and take a peek as there are so many things to discover....including her buttoned up dress and fresh laundry hanging from the clothesline. I honestly can't decide what parts I like best. How about you?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish painting my illustration in time to post. However, if you visit my Instagram you can view the work-in-process, including the start of my painting (3rd image).

Miss Ella and I will finish gathering items from her garden and then off to the picnic we go! We're looking forward to visiting with everyone over at Michael's cozy place. Happy Scribble Picnic!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Miss Ella has a beautiful garden and a welcoming home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely piece including the buttoned up dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. It will be really cute once it's painted. :)

      Delete
  3. I just love it. So cute and cozy. I envy her garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific! I can't wait to see how you are going to paint it. I will check it out on Instagram.
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute :) is she only growing carrots in her veggie garden? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lovely, and I'm sure her washing is drying well too!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is absolutely adorable and very sweet, inviting looking. I can jsut imagine this all painted in and from the looks of it, it's going to be wonderful. I love the old clothing and Victorian feel here, Smoots. Great job on laying this out. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute and busy little bunny your Ella is! Hopefully she will get her work for the day all buttoned up soon.
    (I hope you'll post your painted version when it's done, as the IG link wouldn't take me there.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a charming sketch! So delighted to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful space for laundry with the vegetable gardens and the stone paths, everything's wonderful, & ella's sweet

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a delightful illustration, Alexandra. I love the stone-work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Alexandra - and hope you will share the finished version later.
    The rows of veggies are awesome and love the cobblestone pathway.
    Ella is so fortunate to be able to hang her washing out to dry - saving all that electricity plus having sweet, fresh smelling, buttoned-up laundry to bring inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone has been amazing with ways to illustrate "buttoned" and you are no exception. I always love your pictures, so full of life ... life as I remember it growing up with laundry and gardens and a warm welcoming home. I wish I could follow you on Instagram, but have never signed up for it. Not sure I would even know how at this point. Something to look into :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww, that's so sweet! I love it Alexandra.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig