Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Inside-Out

Let me tell you how long it took me to write this short post as my body feels incredibly weak and consumed with heartache far more than any amount of words could express at this moment. My entire body aches and longs for some sort of reprieve but each hour that passes proves there will most likely be none anytime soon.  In the meantime, I feel incredibly ill inside and out. Ugh.

I spoke with my baby brother earlier this morning, providing an update regarding father’s current diagnosis. It broke my heart to hear his sobs on the other end and his cries of, “Oh my God. Oh my God! I felt my body slump against the brick wall outside in the courtyard as tears gushed, trying to find the words to encourage him. Obviously nothing I said felt good enough. I knew that. No words exist in the human vocabulary to comfort anyone of such grief during a time as this.

For now, my father struggles to breathe, is very weak and fighting so much unbearable pain as I sit here thousands of miles away, helpless and waiting…
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. My prayers and thoughts are with you dear friend....I'm so very sorry <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Sophia....I send you prayers...to you and your family...stay strong....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also meant to say take care of yourself as best you can in this time....hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love and strength to you and your family Sophia. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. having you in mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sophia...my heart goes out to you...I know there isnt much that can be said to comfort you at this time. Try and stay strong. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry Sophia, you're right words are never enough during such anguishing times. I wish you and your family strength as you journey through this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sophia,
    I am so sorry to hear this. thinking of you and sending warm healing thoughts to you!wishing you love and continued strength.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. thinking of you and your family Sophia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so, so sorry - having been in your shoes I know this is a nightmare for you and there are few words that can comfort at a time such as this. Just know that you, your brother and your father are in the prayers of many at this sad time. Hard though it is, release your dear father to the angels who will take him to where this is no more pain and suffering. Heartfelt thoughts, love and prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Sophia,
    My heart goes out to you and I continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...
    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keeping you all in my prayers. Sending big hugs to you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing there was something more I could do for you. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sophia. I know this is a terrible time for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are no words of comfort. Treat yourself as a friend who is in the worst pain of their life. Give yourself a few guilt free moments of reprieve from this sadness. My heart is with you as I remember this pain as though it were yesterday. Sending love and understanding your way!

    Big hugs Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sending prayers...the heartache of loosing someone that you love so much is definitely a terrible situation, but know that you are not alone and that God will get you through it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. bless your poor father ...
    may he pass soon in peace & love

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig