Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday Sketches: Bunny Trouble


With Springtime finally here and Easter weekend upon us, how fitting to illustrate a group of bunnies getting into a bit of trouble?  The idea came to me when wrapping up a painting for our dear friend L of the potted plants sitting in a window sill of her dining room.

Once deciding to combine a row of terra cotta pots with bunnies playing in them, it was then determining what they were doing. After watching our darling Scottie romp around on the living floor room yesterday with his favorite stuffed toy and tennis ball, the idea came to me of having them searching and tossing around eggs within each clay pot. Who could resist?

If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your website/blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is encouraging and lifting others up in their creative endeavors as well. Thank you.

SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Alexandra, what a perfect idea for these Easter bunnies. Adorable.
    Happy Easter to you and Michael. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your whimsical Easter bunny illustration. They look so cute popping in an out of the clay pots tossing the eggs around. Happy Easter to you and your family, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little bunnies Alexandra!! so sweet. Sorry we are having a hard time communicating on my site!! Hope it is fixed now, but let me know if you have any more trouble. Have a great new week and a very happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bunnies are so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such an amateur, but I do enjoy sketching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are adorable and it's fascinating reading about how you their design came to you. Very inspiring.
    I love the one with it's bunny bum up in the air and eggs flying everywhere. So cute.
    Happy Easter to you and your family. Enjoy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love these playful bunnies ~ so well done and Happy Easter to you ~

    Happy Week coming to you ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever idea to have bunnies scavenging for Easter eggs in flower pots. Easter egg hunting was a real joy in my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter....love, love, love the bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is so very cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i haven't been by in awhile, I have been preoccupied so I will have to take some time and check out all the posts i have missed...... i do love those hiding bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. haha, it looks like the little bunnies are 'spring-cleaning'!
    Gorgeous expressive work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter! I love your "potted bunnies" so much. All that trouble they are causing makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your Bunny Trouble! LOL! Hope you had a great Easter my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just so cute! Funny too. i love that mischievous bunny with his head down in his pot, throwing eggs out in his hunt for the perfect prize. This really makes me smile, Smoots, and is a wonderful piece for your portfolio too. Glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig