Thursday, March 17, 2016

Making a list of 'JOYS'


The sun is almost tucked away for the night here in our little town. The puppy is fast asleep at our feet as the mister and I are nestled up on the sofa, each with a hot water bottle at hand. It's one of the most comforting things on a windy and chilly evening, let me tell you. After enjoying a week or so of lovely, warm weather, cooler temperatures are squeezing their way back in this week.

It's been a long 24+ hours for me, once again. Lately, it seems the physical pain and headaches have been (almost) a constant battle for me. It can quite discouraging losing precious time with the two children's books I'm currently working on, plus other custom projects needing my attention. Despite the setbacks, I look for those little things in life that bring joy, pushing me forward as able. Let me share with you today's JOY list...

tea painting my hubby our doggie hot water bottles cosy socks sanpellegrino popcorn doodling fresh flowers cheese biscuits walking homemade soup bubble baths my bloggie friends candles


With that said, it's been a fairly mellow day resting on the sofa under quilts, enjoying earl grey tea. puppy kisses and the occasional doodle. I'm looking forward to crawling under the covers tonight for some good rest. There are a lot of projects to tick off the "to do" list this week, so I'm hoping to dive back in tomorrow.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Oh Alexandra, feel better soon! I sometimes get headaches and pains when the weather changes, in fact I took some advil last night and it helped. So hopefully you can feel better tomorrow. You are the 3rd person today to mention Bloggie friends as a joy. They really are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. Your comment means a lot. Hope you're having a lovely week. :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Sending you lots of feel better wishes, and a thank you for the joy list. A good reminder when the world seems bleak. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...thank you very much, Barbara. I appreciate it. :)

      Delete
  3. Your joyous outlook is perfect. Get well soon, Alexandra :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better, Alexandra! Puppy kisses are good medicine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you are better soon. earl grey cures just about anything, i think :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm having a lovely cup of earl grey this morning. xx

      Delete
  6. Sending you much love and healing prayers! Beautiful flowers! I love your sketch! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Stacey. So lovely to have you pop in! :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear you've been battling so much pain. I hope you are feeling some improvements now. Love your doggy sketches!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig