Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sunday Sketches


The sun has faded into the night and the moon has replaced it, shining bright enough to pave a path for those walking in the cool Autumnal air.  Another week has passed with orders completed, parcels shipped and new little illustrations, such as this one, coming to life.  There are still many projects on the table, including 4 children's books, a nursery rhyme series and custom hand-painted 2015 yearly calendars.  When my bad car accident happened almost 5 months ago now,  I would've never imagined my creative life unfolding the way it is today.  Unfortunate as it was, somehow, it's brought about greater things and joy to my life and I couldn't be happier. ♥

I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone.  This is a special creative world for me here, with each of you in it.  So blessed to have you and the opportunity to share my journey with you along the way.  (Holds up her cuppa in a special toast.)

Grab the Sunday Sketches button here.

This week's participants:
Please sign-up below to submit your sketch for this week, which will also allow others to stop and visit.
 
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. such a charming piece Alexandra.
    i am glad that good has come from all the pain you endured from the accident.
    you really do have lots of wonderful projects and i am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your drawing, and your work is great.
    Have a lovely Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexandra,
    Sorry that it's been a while …… life getting in the way etc. !!
    It's so lovely to hear how busy and successful you are….. and, it's so lovely to see how happy you are. I can ' hear ' it in you written word.
    Lots of love. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new drawing is so cute love her and her little dog ~ Glad you are doing well ~ Tragedy has a way of showing us the joy sometimes ~ if we are attuned it ~

    happy week to you
    artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexandra, you continue to amaze me with your creations and bring meaning to the "silver linings" wisdom. Congratulations on your upcoming book projects. Wishing you well and a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling pup! I love that image! I'm so glad your life is unfolding in such a wonderful way, I am happy that you are happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun, its just how I feel today. Our temperature dropped to 42 degrees this morning. burr....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet illustration...love the cute little doggy by her side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned colder this weekend and we added a hayride last night - we were all bundled up like your girl - so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute illustration! Glad to hear you are feeling better and thank you for continuing to inspire with Sunday Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute drawing. I'm all ready to wear scrafs and layers and such.

    hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig