Sunday, July 09, 2017

Sunday Sketches (Seasons Change)

Hello my lovely and faithful Sunday Sketches blogger friends. It's crazy to think another week has flown by and I've (sadly) not had a moment to sit down and visit any of you from last week, let alone all of the wonderful peeps from Scribble Picnic. Life has been a bit chaotic over the past month or so but still... I'm sorry! I hope to catch up with everyone this weekend.

The illustration above came about from a young lady who frequents the same bakeshop that Michael and I do. Every day, she rides in with her adorable schnauzer strapped in a basket on the back of her bicycle and it's oh so cute!

Before wrapping up my post, I wanted to make a special announcement. After much thought and chatting with the hubby, (and after 9 long, fabulous years), I've made the decision to close Sunday Sketches. There have been a lot of new chapters opening in my life this past year and it feels apropos to close others, such as this one. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time hosting this online art co-op and have made some wonderful blogger friends. I look forward to new adventures ahead and will be sharing them as I do plan on continuing to blog!

Oh, and you'll see me popping in over at a fairly new weekly online art co-op my hubby hosts - Scribble Picnic. Won't you join him/us?

With that said, please spread the news as anyone who participates in this week's Sunday Sketches will be entered in a final GIVEAWAY for some fabulous art items and tea gifts.

Thank you SO MUCH for this fantastic, creative journey!

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Very sweet sketch! So sorry to hear you are closing SS but it has been a tremendous 9 year long run, thanks for hosting so faithfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I agree to Christine and I will miss the Sunday Sketches too. Thank you very much for so many years hosting this lovely and inspiring place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you are going out with a bang. I think this might be your most adorable sketch ever! Good luck with all the new ventures. Thanks for giving so many sketchers a place to meet up over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, sad, but glad you have left an avenue open to see you and your husband in the future. I guess it is appropriate that I posted my first actual sketch on your last day ... Be well and hope to see you often on Scribble Picnic.

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, here I am, stopping by after weeks of absence and when I am about to post about taking a blogging break, you are announcing the end of Sunday Sketches - coincidence? I am sad to see SS go, because it gave me a place to share my doodles other than photography, but I can completely understand you. We all need to move on when it is time. It was fun participating in SS and getting to know so many other people. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around.

    p.s. I'll be linking up later, cannot miss the last SS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your sketch this week, so gorgeous! I know I'm fairly new to the group but I'm going to miss Sunday Sketches so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you are closing SS as it was not long ago I found it. But I understand. Life goes in different directions now and then. Good luck in the future.
    Monica / NatureFootstep

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad to see Sunday Sketches go away but I totally understand. See you at the Scribble Picnic for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Alexandra, wishing you all the best and more! Thanks for hosting all these years , it has been fun.
    HUgs
    Victoria
    PS: beautiful art as always

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful illustration. I'll be sad to see Sunday Sketches go, but it has been wonderful being able to participate in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sad to see it end, 9 years is a long time, but completely understandable since you so busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you all the best Alexandra! Your drawing is so adorable! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, I've well and truly been out of the loop after missing quite a few Sunday Sketches over the past few months. I only just discovered this post today (Sep. 9th) when I went to look for the latest Sunday Sketches link after preparing a post to start participating again. I do apologise for being absent for so long. It was fun being a a part of Sunday Sketches over the years and, while I'm sad to see it come to an end, I do wish you all the very best Alexandra. May your creative talents in both illustration and music bring you many wonderful opportunities in the future. xx

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig