Friday, July 28, 2017

Summer Days, Old & New

It's so nice to be up and on my feet again after being so horribly sick this week. Most of you know I've a liver condition and have already had one large tumor removed and have yet another small one being monitored. I'm not actually supposed to have anything with seeds as my body cannot process it. Somehow, I missed seeds in a teriyaki salmon burger we had for dinner the night before. Not good but happy to report I'm feeling much better now.

With that said, although it's been extremely hot here in Colorado this summer we're blessed to be in a cosy, little cottage surrounded by large trees providing that much needed shade. It takes me back to those wonderful summer days playing in my grandma's big, shady yard, filled with maple trees. Ahh, to be that little girl stomping around in her yard again and later sipping on iced tea while eating some of her yummy banana wafer pudding...
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. Sweet illustration and so happy to hear you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay cool and feel better. Iced tea and banana wafer pudding sound delicious and refreshing. I'm sure that sweet little girl would love some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. doesnt sound pleasant :( hope it doesn't happen again. it can be so hard not being able to eat something people dont have to think twice about. people think im being picky when I say I cant eat something, but i honestly cant eat certain things without getting sick. and hidden things are the worst, you try your best to avoid something but find out later it was full of the forbidden food :/

    send some of the heat this way please lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it wasn't at all and I agree with you here. Terribly sorry to hear you're in the same boat with health issues. x

      Delete
  4. So sorry to hear that you've been ill and that it came from eating something that you would never have eaten if you knew what was in it!! Sofie has quite a few foods she has to avoid because they can make her very ill, which is why we cook every meal at home almost all the time. Now, your illustration and your memories. . . both so very sweet. There was a single maple in my grandparents yard that I had put a length of 2x6 in and, spring thru autumn, I would sit in it for hours as no-one could see me up there. Yesterday we were out somewhere and the breeze caught the leaves of a surrounding group of trees and the sound . . . THAT sound. . . took me straight back to that tree and that hideaway in the maple's leaves. Love thinking of the little you and your iced tea and banana wafer pudding! For me it was my grandfather's iced tea and my grandmother's poppy seed or nut rolls or, if it was hot enough, a klondike bar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh I LOVE your memory of the giant mapler tree in your grandparents yard. How utterly magical!! The smell of leaves burning take me back to my grandparents yard almost immediately. Isn't it funny how the act of smelling and feeling can do that? :)

      Delete
  5. So glad you are on the mend, Alexandra. So sorry those seeds caused so much pain and discomfort.

    The illustration is darling. Love her side smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Wanda. Not fun at all! And thank you regarding my sweet girl. :)

      Delete
  6. Please take care of yourself! I love your drawing! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig