Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Scribble Picnic (Fox & Apologies!)

Hello! First off, to my wonderful Sunday Sketches peeps...I am SO SORRY! I left town unexpectedly and simply forgot to schedule my post for our weekly art co-op. For those of you who don't know, the older sister I never met found our family and I'm currently in southern Kentucky meeting her and visiting other family members I've not seen in 9+ years! I'm here through this coming Sunday, so hopefully, I'll get something posted and get us back on track.

Above is my contribution for this week's Scribble Picnic theme, FOX. Due to being on the road, I sketched this little guy in my 6"x6" sketchbook and colored it in with my set of Tombow brush pens. I love how they give off the feeling of a watercolor illustration. This morning, I spent some time with my niece at a fabulous coffee shop here Campbellsville, KY doing art and it was utterly fun. In fact, here's a peek at her contribution to Scribble Picnic. She did a wonderful job!

OK. It's 77 here in Kentucky and perfect weather for Michael's picnic. I'm grabbing my flip-flops and picnic basket....see you all very soon - and save me some cherry pie!!
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. Your piece is lovely Alexandra as is your niece's...clearly art talent runs in the family! I'm just happy you are ok, I got worried when you didn't post SS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so sorry and it's not like me!! :) Thank you for your lovely comment. x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful as usual. It looks like your niece is an artist as well. That is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I could expect and enjoy a adorable whimsical fox. Surrounding by a lovely patch of foliage. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet foxes, I like the scarf and all the flowers and greenery around the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them both ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two adorable foxes! I love your bright colors and your nieces work is just beautiful. Enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet foxes, Alexandra...your niece definitely has an artistic flair. I hope you are enjoying your visit with family and that you and your sister share some special sister moments together.

    I plan to be back on board for the next Sunday Sketches.

    Cheers,
    Serena :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the scarf on the first and the sweater& boots on the second - like two foxes in two seasons. both are so adorable.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your fox among the flowers is so adorable! Your niece definitely has the creative gene - I love her work too.
    Have a fun time with new family members Alexandra.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that fox. . . and any traveling fox would always be sure to have their special kerchief on! :) Your niece did a smashing job too! Hoping you and Michael enjoyed your time there with family NEW and old!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexandra,
    I love it especially the necker - that's what they give our small dog after a grooming. He looks curious and impish. I wonder what he is up to?
    Blessings
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I forgot to mention that your niece's picture is wonderful. I love the sweater and boots.
    Blessings,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is ONE UNIQUE and INCREDIBLE xp you are having down there! No wonder you forgot about Sunday Sketches!

    As is is, we are so lucky to have your piece here. It looks great. Already commented on your IG but I am amazed at how good those brushes are-- really pulls you into that rich colour. Your fox is adorable as is Autumn's! Thank you so much to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you look like you are having a great time in Kentucky on your Instagram stories :)

    your fox is great, such vibrant colours :) and your nieces fox is very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow, how wonderful that you are meeting your older sister and seeing other relatives.

    I think it is fun doing art with friends and family.
    Both these pieces are wonderful. Your fox is fun and foxy. The other one has a great cartoon feeling to it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both foxes are adorable. So glad you could have this special family time!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both pieces!! Hope you are having a great time with family!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig