Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Sketches



HELLO and WELCOME to another wonderful week of sketches and doodles!  :)  Above is a piece that I painted at my first open house yesterday, hosted by Barnes and Noble.  It was a huge success and more than I could have ever imagined.  (Thank you, V!)  Even the children got a kick out of making splotch art!  :D

Please visit my Blue Chair Diary Illustrations Facebook page for more wonderfully captured photos of the event.

Happy SS to all my lovely peeps!

P.S.  Don't forget to sign up for my giveaway! You can find the info here.

Grab the Sunday Sketches button here.

This week's participants:
Please sign-up below to submit your sketch for this week, which will also allow others to stop and visit.

SHARE:

17 comments

  1. going to head over and see the pics... so glad it went really well and that it was a huge success...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, dear!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting of blue roses is beautiful. Love the changes you made on your site too. I'm curious, though, what is an art open house exactly? It sounds like such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had a great time! glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooh! Love how you worked this watercolor ~ lovely ~ thanks, namaste, ^_^

    Congrats on being at BN ~ Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful..I totally love blues..magicla and lush..gorgeous blooms!Yay..fabulous..Congrats..that sounds sp fantastic!! hugs!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are beautiful! I always love your bright happy art!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Alex!!! what an amazing time ...I bet the Children were in awe at your work....so excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! how exciting and your flowers are so cute! happy sunday.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the success ;o) Love the blue flowers ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your time at Barnes and Noble sounds wonderful! Congratulations. Such lovely flowers you have painted!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sophia, So glad you had such a huge turnout at B and N...that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad all went well. As always your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have that same set of paints on my table...my stuff doesn't come out like that!!!!!!!! Congrats! celebrate your successes!!!
    cheers, dana

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a great photo of work in process! I love it for you that you have this great opportunity

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your show the kids look like they had a wonderful time! It looks liked I posted twice sorry I was trying to leave a message and computer went wooky :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love those flowers! and congrats with your successful show! thanks for visiting and your nice comments.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig