Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday Sketches (A special "Jack")

It's a quick one this week as Michael and I are about to head out of town for his mother's funeral next week. We've got a lot going on here, including the oldest son graduating from college today! Lots of great food and yummy cakes!

The illustration above is from a recent custom order I did for a client, of her grandson, "Jack". It took me just under two weeks to sketch and color in - and it turned out wonderfully! I couldn't be happier with the results and my client is very, very happy as well!

With that said, I will visit everyone when able.  I'll also try to post the following week for Sunday Sketches, if possible. If not, we'll resume the following week. Thank you for all of your love, support and beautiful thoughts regarding Michael's mother passing. It means a lot to us. Especially, Michael.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this wonderful art co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!

SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I bet our client was happy with your work. It is a beautiful piece.
    You two take care. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Jack and knows the tale :)
    I hope everything turns out well for you. See you when ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great illustration! Beautiful colors and movement. Safe travels to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another delightful, fun, creative illustration ~ thanks,

    Happy Mother's Day ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love your Jack, such a great illustration.
    My thoughts are with you, and the family.
    Safe travels.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about Michael's mother. Now the time you spent in England last year with the family must be even more special to you.

    The Jack illustration is fantastic, and of course your client is thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of Michael's mother's passing. Take care of each other on your trip and may there be moments woven with good memories and fond recollections too. And congratulations to your son! His road is just opening before him and may each day be filled with a greater learning and much love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your family's loss and at the same time there is joy in a child graduating from college. Your emotions have to be flying in every direction. I love your Jack and can imagine how your customer must be thrilled with it. You seem to be burning your candle at both ends. A break is probably welcome and badly needed ... see you in two weeks :) Rest when you can your body is taking an emotional beating ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful piece Alexandra! Thanks for always hosting and all the best for your upcoming trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful illustration. I love the heart shaped leaves of the vines. I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss and I hope your trip goes very well. Congratulations to the eldest one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great :d the vines do look like they are growing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this illustration!!! So cute!
    I am so sorry about the loss of Michael's mother!
    Congrats to the oldest son graduating from college!
    Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sun a fun illustration, appeals to the child in me!!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig