Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Sketches (Thickleberry Village)

Believe it or not, I've tried multiple times to write a few blog posts of things on my heart this week but it just didn't happen. I'm always amazed how quickly each week passes and soon discovering those other "to do" things on my list haven't been checked off yet again. I think it's time to re-examine my time management schedule! (wink)

With that said, I did manage to finish the "Thickleberry Village" illustration I've working on since last weekend. Above is the final piece as well as, one of my WIP pictures from a few days ago. Also, you can view a short time-lapse video of me painting over on my Facebook art page (or Instagram) to see how I illustrate my trees. And as always, feel free to leave me any questions you have about my work and/or how I do things.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're participating in Sunday Sketches, you can grab the NEW Sunday Sketches button HERE.

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is encouraging one another in our creative endeavors. Thank you!

 
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. not sure what kind of berries that is. But Love the village. :)

    Good luck with your new "home" :) And, time always seem to go fast. Too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable work Alexandra, and I made your link changes to my blog as you suggested thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! I like the way you gave the whole piece such a nice warm glow. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know how that goes with blogposts and time management for it. I am not the best at it either. Such cute drawing.

    p.s. all links have been changed to your new blogspot - thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE all of your illustrations.. so proud of you!!! thank you for reaching out to me with new blog address... I have been busy with Life... and haven`t been able to post recently then when I tried, I couldn`t find Sunday Sketches... love the new look!! have a great new week, Alexandra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a magical scene, love the sweet animals. I hope I have managed to suss out how to follow you here.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore your little woodsy village. It's exactly the sort of thing I loved to imagine when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watched your instagram video and followed you, I have been more active on n instagram lately so it is good to see you there! Good luck with your new log site! And let be the glowing thickleberry village!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your art ... it somehow reminds me of my childhood which was a wonderful time when people still loved and respected each other. These times are hard to live with so it is fun to escape into your art. I tried, but couldn't connect with you on facebook ... is there a secret to it? I am not unlike you in that I often have things on my list that don't get done, but I just charge on ... usually the current things get done and new things get left on the list so in the long run, I am doing what I need to do :) Have a wonderful week, Alexandra ...

    Andrea @ From The Sol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alexandra ~ Your work is magical and whimsical and I love both illustrations ~ admire your work ~

    Wish you a Happy and Creative Week ahead ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lights really glow :) nice seeing the short clip :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely illustration, how sweet of you to share your process. Time does fly at times...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been loving this series! Absolutely magical this little village you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable! Just the sort of village I would love to relocate too. : ) It's a joy to watch those early sketches come to life.

    And the to-do lists. . . always growing it seems and never enough time to get to everything completed that our heart's desire is there? That's good I think. . . it means we keep dreaming and evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Time seems to be so fleeting nowadays. I adore your Thickleberry Village illustration...cute name too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Alex, your art just amazes me. The glowing light gives warmth to the whole picture, making it so very special. So anxious to get my hands on your book when it's published! :)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig