Thursday, September 08, 2016

Bringing special stories to life!

Special things come in various sizes and delightful ones, let me tell you! Just like these super adorable handmade dolls created by my wonderful and talented friend, Stephanie Cowburn, a felt design maker of all things magical and whimsical. When you have time, you must take a peek at her page to see all of the other wonderful stuffies Stephanie designs herself.  Beware, they'll touch your heart in ways you never could imagine.

Not long ago, I had inquired with her about the possibility of making some dolls based off of the illustrations from one of the recent books I illustrated (The Adventures of Chopper & T) and a set for my upcoming book (Ladybug! Ladybug!), launching soon. Both myself and the authors are thrilled with the results! What do you think?
SHARE:

18 comments

  1. How wonderful to be able to hold and touch your little characters. I followed the link and yes you friend is a very talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so seriously adorable! What a wonderful idea to have your characters done like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I feel they'll bring story-time to life a bit more. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yes, you are absolutely right! These stuffies really touch my heart! I love them all! Many thanks for sharing this miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable!! these turned out so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look great, she did a really good job on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Alexandra,these a so very cute..love the ladybug on her finger and the sweet little dog..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your "Empire" just keeps growing. I'm excited for you and all the work you have put in is paying off with great dividends and blessing so many children and adults.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful spot to live. Could you be drying a towel in from of the radiator? That is what we did in out old home in North Carolina. Love the dolls. They are really bringing the book to life for so many little ones. Hugs, genie

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting that your illustrations have "come to life" as little dolls. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I TOTALLY love them! totally adorable and they will be GREAT for bringing the kids further in to these strories when you or the author reads them. When I mention it to others, everyone loves them! Wait until they see the photos! lol.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig