Saturday, November 21, 2015

https://www.facebook.com/bluechairdiaryillustrations/photos/a.390193061055250.91043.256163354458222/955413287866555/?type=3&theater

As the sun begins to set, we grab our hot water bottles and tuck ourselves in on our comfy sofa. We're finally getting back into a normal groove, including being on somewhat of a regular sleeping schedule. Sadly, it's been a little more challenging getting a hold of my creative mojo after being away from the studio for almost two weeks.  However, I did manage to create this beautiful tribute piece for the recent Paris tragedy while also completing the darling holiday penguin in which I started last year! Oh dear me. :)

With the fourth children's book wrapped up and launching next week, there's now some time to relax and enjoy the rest of this year with my husband and our family. In fact, Mr. Toast and I will be celebrating our wedding anniversary next month and a few days later, we'll be off to the mountains for our annual Christmas in the Cabin with the children.

Stay tuned over the next several weeks as I'll be making some special announcements of the new projects I'll be diving into next year, including a children's book Mr. Toast and I will be collaborating on together! Eek!

Grab the Sunday Sketches button HERE.
 

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your website/blog. PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op encouraging and lifting others up in their creative endeavors as well. Thank you!

SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Lovely tribute and sketch! Happy Anniversary when it comes and Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home!! I know it was bittersweet to go to the funeral of a family member but I hope you had some time to enjoy as you saw the beautiful countryside. I am so proud of you for all of your children`s books you have illustrated this year. Each one, just beautiful! And I look forward to hearing about the projects you have going on next year. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week! Love Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. such dear pieces each one.
    hot water bottles are wonderful, eh!
    Congrats on your children's books and to do one with your honey, fab!
    wishing you a wonderful time away at the cabin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you are back home safe again. What a cute little penguin :) What a nice tribute picture, for the tragedy that happened. Enjoy your Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your artwork! Thank you for hosting. You are all inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tribute to Paris! Enjoy your anniversary and cabin in the mountains! Sounds perfect. Now I know where you get your inspiration from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great that you'll be able to enjoy some relaxing time with your family over the next few months! Enjoy every minute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back home! That is a beautiful lettering tribute to our friends in France. Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful Paris piece and the penguin is indeed darling! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home. I love your Paris Tribute, and your little buddy is so cute in his Christmas attire. Love and Hugs and Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig