Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Hello Autumn. Welcome to Our Home.

Autumn is officially here in our cozy little town and for Mr. Toast and I, it's our favorite time of the year. Well, that and Christmas! In fact, we might as well say we love the last three months of the year! For those of you who know us well, we're all about enjoying the simple pleasures that only Autumn and Christmastime bring. Things such as perfect cups of tea (or lattes!), sleeping in later, the fresh, crisp smell in the air, the colorfully painted trees before their leaves tumble to the ground, hot water bottles wrapped in soft covers, homemade baked goods...and more!

Recently, we stumbled upon a brand new coffee-shop, Bindle Coffee, located only 7 minutes from where we live. It's perfect! The owner is wonderful, the baristas rock the lattes and the music is gentle to the ear. All of these things wrapped together create the perfect place, constantly tugging at one's soul to be a part of on a daily basis.

We're excited to have a place closer to home when the heavy traffic doesn't allow us to travel downtown to our favorite spot during the week, the Little Bird Bakeshop. They are a 100% from scratch bakery, sharing their passion for food and community. We've met so many wonderful people there and love the tiny 'family' we've experienced from such a lovely, inviting place.

So, here's to a fabulous week, filled with unexpected blessings and tiny joys in each of our lives! Happy Autumn!
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. it was so so so good, to hear from you, I have missed you! and your Mr.
    I have been away from computers quite a while but will catch up with everyone,
    such beautiful photos, best wishes to you and I hope you are all well,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie, SO so lovely to see you here. You've been missed as well. I know you've been dealing with some things but I hope things are settling down. I'm looking forward to staying caught up with you and staying in touch. xx

      Delete
  2. this is beautifully written!
    took me to the heart of the season.
    i have begun using my hot water bottle, oh how i love it!
    wishing you a sweet autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww...thanks so much, Tammie. Appreciate your warm thoughts. I'm in love with my hot water bottle and something Mr. Toast introduced me to not long ago. I do need to get out and search online for a new cover. I ordered one last year but the fleece is so incredibly thin, it's too hot against me, even with clothes on. I have to wrap it in a towel and it takes a bit of the coziness away. :)

      Delete
  3. You really do have some beautiful color already in your neck of the woods. Maybe our big turning will begin after all the rain moves out. Your coffee shop looks like it was quite the success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Genie. Isn't so beautiful already? The Bindle coffee shop has only been open for a month or two and they seem to be doing really well. Happy for them and to have a place closer. Especially when the weather is bad and we're unable to make it across town. :)

      Delete
  4. autumn is a great season, I'm looking forward to wearing more clothes and staying indoors and pretty much be a winter bear in a way.... happy autumn to you and mr. toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I can't imagine you staying all tucked up inside for the winter. Awww. I'd LOVE to see a photo of you in your Autumnal clothes! (hint hint) Happy Autumn to you! :)

      Delete
  5. that pastry looks really good :D love winter so I am glad we are heading into the winter months, even tho todays weather has been more like Summer rather than fall

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? You should check out the pastries at the link for the Little Bird Bakeshop as well. Oh gosh. No wonder I gain so much weight over the Autumn and Winter months! lol :)

      Delete
  6. nothing like a nice coffee shop in walking distance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy autumn to you! We're still waiting for it here, but I am looking forward to it! Beautiful imagery and words Alexandra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Lisa. I love Autumn and it sounds like you do as well. Looking forward to seeing some photos of your end of the world. :)

      Delete
  8. Oh how I love looking at those amazing trees! This is such a beautiful photo. Autumn is my favorite season but where I live it is still in the 90s and we rarely get any color. I will be in Steamboat Springs in just over a week so this photo has me all giddy and excited at the possibility of some fall color. I am enjoying your blog and your art so much - so glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ginger, they were beautiful! I have several more photos and intend to post as the weeks progress. It was in the 90s here last week but it seems that the temps are now finally starting to cool down. LOVE Autumn! Enjoy Steamboat Springs as it is one of THE most incredible places to be during this time of the year. :)

      Delete
  9. I love how excited you two get about Christmas and the holidays... I am already looking forward to holiday wine, chicken, and stockings over there! I'm also really ready to get to pull out my boots and scarves again :)

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig