Sunday, July 05, 2015

Sunday Sketches....garden love


Good morning! This pretty little gal realized that it's Sunday! Oh dear me. With Mr. Toast home the past several days for the holidays, I completely lost track of what day it is. Hee Hee

Here's a little warm-up from a few days ago. I've been trying to practice my floral style with wildflowers in the area. These, however, are from a sweet friend's garden. There's been no shortage of flowers in our home lately and I love it!

I'll be back soon to visit everyone and see how your holiday time with friends and family has been.

Grab the Sunday Sketches button HERE.
 

Submit your artwork by signing up below with a link to your website/blog.  PLEASE make sure to visit each other! One of the biggest reasons for this co-op is to encourage and lift others up in their creative endeavors as well.  Thank you!

SHARE:

14 comments

  1. Love your garden sketches and how you outline them so lightly in black. Just beautiful!! Hope you had a great 4th yesterday and a wonderful week coming up!
    love, Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers! Happy July 4th weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your way of painting Alexandra :)
    Maybe I should give it a try also :))

    Have a happy Sunday!
    Tinna ✐

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at those colours! So summery! It's been beautiful hear for most of the last week and I've been loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Alexandra, I hope all is well with you! Your art is so pretty, and I've really missed you and your blog. Take care, xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet flowers! So pretty. I'm glad you've been having some holiday time with Mr. Toast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your work is so very pretty Alexandra! So too is the photo of your set-up, very nicely composed!
    I am interested to know what paints you use - I'm in the market to buy some watercolour pans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I continue to be inspired by you wonderful artists!
    Oops, I was too late for Linky... Here is my sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Hi Alexandra ;o) Missed you! ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If anyone is interested, I just finished my
    guy in colours - it's in today's post :)

    Tinna ✐

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your wildflowers! The colors are perfect for summer and I wish I could put them into a vase on my table. You have inspired me to look for a bunch of those flowers here on the forthcoming weekend! I hope I will find some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Stefanie! Wishing you a lovely weekend! xx

      Delete
  12. Lovely wildflowers...they look so real. Alexandra...I'm really trying to expand my art, and so I want to join your Sunday Sketches. I have something ready for this Sunday, but wasn't sure when you put up your Linky. I signed up late for Summer Colors with Kristen, but there is only one week left. I'm trying to do something every day or so. You and Michael continue to be my mentors. I have my Little Critters ready for Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wanda dear....I usually post the sign up on Saturday evenings. Hang tight as it's coming! And yay for joining us! :) xx

      Delete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig