Wednesday, August 08, 2012

With love...

It's been a long 10 weeks this summer, pushing through World Geography and Art History, but - I DID IT!  I'm happy to say my summer semester is officially over and a much needed break is now here.  I'm looking forward to getting caught up on some projects unfortunately placed on the back burner not long ago.

On another note, I've had to tuck away alot of thoughts, feelings, emo - all to stay focused on school.  The most pressing thing in my mind?.....My birthday is in 2 weeks - it was the last time I saw my father - he died less than 2 months later from a horrific battle of cancer.

My heart still aches.  I felt a deep loss this morning, as if he left this world just yesterday...
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I have been through this, I can understand your feelings. Hugs and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on a job well done! I'm so sorry to hear of your sadness, I wish I could make you feel better by saying you will get over the loss but you won't and you wouldn't want to really, even the sad monments keep him here with you , he will always be with you, it will hurt a bit less every year, but biryhdays and holidays always make us miss the lones who pass before us, take care, happy and healing thoughts to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arms wide open across the miles sending you a big hug
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you at this tough time Alexandra!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations with your summer dedication
    i lean my heart to yours as your feelings rise and flow like the waves in the ocean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all of your hard work ........ I hope that you can now take some time out to rest and have some fun !!
    The loss of a parent or any family member is a difficult time. My dad died 4 years ago and, as I walked downstairs this morning, a sad moment came over me as I thought of all of the members of my family that are no longer with us. You must try not to let it get on top of you and just remember all of the good times and the memories that you have.
    Sorry that I've been absent for a while ..... Imy old laptop finally gave out on me and I am now the proud owner of a MacBook Pro which takes a bit of getting used to !!
    Enjoy your time off ...... your dad would want you to. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on keeping focus at such a time, I know its hard but I have been there. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry for the way you are feeling. But, you have to know, your father is with you and he is very proud of you, of how well you did in your semester! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. **hugs**

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig