Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Scribble Picnic: Bottle....and then some!


It's hard for me to get comfortable these past few weeks due to the pain from a recent fall. A week ago this past Friday, I slipped and fell down my parents' front steps, fracturing my spine and jamming my tailbone. NOT fun, let me tell you. For those of you who know me, regardless of the pain, it's been hard for me laying around, cooped up inside. Oh dear me...

Well, despite this bit of a setback (as my recovery is going to take months to fully heal) my heart is still dreaming BIG! There are so many projects I’ve been working on over the last several months and I can’t wait to share these with you...including something oober special Michael and I are developing as a couple. Speaking of my fanTABulous husband....he's been so wonderful, waiting on me constantly. Ice...heat....tea....little cakes...ice....heat...etc. It's definitely been challenging for us since our recent move but he's muddling his way through and coming out shining like the brightest diamond! He's my everything and I am so grateful to have him by my side! OOomwah, my love!

Unfortunately, I'm unable to attend the beautiful, Autumnal Scribble Picnic in person this week but I'll be sure so send along my "famous" raisin scones with a bit of clotted cream and strawberry jam with Michael....well...if he doesn't eat them all before he arrives!! (wink)

Much love to everyone! xo

PS The above illustration is available as a 5x5 print for only $10 + shipping. If you'd love to add this beauty to your collection, please email me at a_macvean1@yahoo.com.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. Poor Alexandra, so sorry. Your bottle piece is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so wonderful. love the colors especially the blue of the whales.

    it sounds really painful the way you described your injury. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ouch ouch ouch, really hope that you are feeling better soon and that heals as soon as possible
    love all the different blues in this piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful illustration, Alexandra, and very fitting for the picnic prompt this week.

    I wish you a speedy recovery although I do know from personal experience that back injuries can take a long time to heal and, in some cases, remain a soft spot much like my own. Good to know Michael is looking after you so well....sending tons of healing vibes your way. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful art Alexandra, get well soon! I'm just like you, I cannot handle being idle...but you need to recover!! I'll have some scones please! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your fall and injuries. This is fantastic though. So glad you posted it. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boy I am almost a week late in commenting on your magnificent dream ... love the whales and the sea. As a kid we used to listen to sea shells and think we heard the ocean waves. I am so sorry you are hurting. I can't imagine the frustration of being incapacitated to say nothing of suffering pain. I wish I had a magic wand I could reach out with and wish away your pain ... but as I don't I can only extend my thoughts and prayers. Be well and be safe, Alexandra ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you come up with such clever ideas? Love this!
    So sorry about the fall. Don't overdo–give your back all the time it needs for healing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex, I am just getting back to blog land and caught up and ohhhhhh, I am so sorry to hear about your fall! Such a grace to have Michael to see you back to health. :) We are sending along healing blessings and wishes for the speediest of recoveries and cannot wait to see what the two of you are cooking up together!!

    The whales in the bottle are simply magical and evoke the expansive world of possibility found in any small wonder!

    nicolas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Nicolas! :)

      Delete
    2. I love this...as you know...sorry though I missed it. It's fabulous and glad it's selling well too. A very fun piece indeed.

      I seem to have missed some people from the bottle challenge, so luckily just saw that and am going back to visit anyone like you who I didn't catch the first go around. Sorry about that!

      And, um, how did I miss scones? :)

      Delete
  10. Oh I am so sorry to hear of your fall, your art is beautiful and such an inspiration, heal quickly my friend,

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig