Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sunday Sketches



Hello everyone and happy Sunday!  Like myself, I'm sure many of you are preparing for the coming holiday season.  Yesterday morning, Mr. Toast (aka Michael) and I celebrated Christmas a little early with his boys, as we are scheduled to fly out for our honeymoon in just two days.  As a new (step) mom, I'm learning their family Christmas traditions of homemade cinnamon rolls, orange rolls and hot cups of tea, along with a few new holiday traditions of our own.

My heart was overjoyed as we watched the boys unwrap each of their pressies, smiling ear to ear.  I may not be their real mother (and would never attempt to replace her) but it filled my heart with so much gratitude to see I've finally been given the gift of being a mom to some pretty amazing children.  I've always wanted to have my own but it was never possible due to past trauma.  I look to the heavens this morning and thank God above for all of the new gifts and blessings that now fill my life.

The tea cup above is one of my most recent illustrations created over this past week in between my college finals. I have a few more new ones and will be sharing those with you over the next few weeks.

Happy Sunday Sketches!  I'm off to see what everyone else has been up to.  :D

Grab the Sunday Sketches button here.

This week's participants:
Please sign-up below to submit your sketch for this week, which will also allow others to stop and visit.
 
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. Hugs friend..I am so happy and thrilled for you and the new joys you are experiencing in your life! Yay..enjoy! Wishing you many blessings! and gorgeous art..how magical and inspiring!
    Hugs
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears in my eyes so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy for you! Wish you all the best in life and art! Lovely to see your smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ... cinnamon rolls, orange rolls and hot cups of tea, ,,, I would love those holiday traditions. I am happy to hear you are in such a warm and lovely place right now. Wishing you and your husband a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a sweet post! So happy for you and wishing you the best! Your illustration is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cup illustration!! I am so happy for you!!! so excited for this new chapter in your life as a new wife and new mother. I wish you the very best!! Love from Birmingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful sketch and post, Alexandra! I'm so happy for you and WOW, a ready-made family...awesome! Have an amazing honeymoon! A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you both. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Been away for so long!! Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely lovely lovely! makes me want to go put the kettle on xx linking up my latest finished canvas this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful post. Enjoy every single moment of this very special time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well deserved happiness to you and Mr T and enjoy your first visit to the UK. Your cup is definitely overflowing in goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds fantastic. So happy for you. And what a cute teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a touching post, I'm so happy for you both! Wonderful illustration! Have an awesome honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that sounds like a lovely celebration
    i am so happy for you
    and for them having you!

    such a sweet tea cup!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My friend, I was crying happy tears when I read your post today! Very meaningful and very beautiful! Big Hugs and many blessings!!! Love your tea painting ;o) Have a great honeymoon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How wonderful! Your new family is lucky to have such a sweet and wonderful person in their lives. Beautiful tea painting. I hope you have a magical honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh those lovely tea moments! Alexandra it's always great sharing in your happiness, enjoy the rest of this magical time dear friend,
    hugs
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love a cup of hot tea, especially in this cold weather and your painting is so sweet! I'm so happy for all of your blessings. Enjoy the Christmas season! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Christmas time is a magical time, a time when wonders happen and nothing seem to be impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the illo but most of all that you have a great family around you:) Merry Xmas to you and your new family:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have a wonderful honeymoon and holiday!

    ReplyDelete

© Alexandra MacVean. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig